Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about our portable medical refrigerators and freezers. If you have a question about our products that is not answered here, please contact us.
1. How do they compare in performance to other portable medical fridges/freezers?
There is absolutely no comparison. FridgeFreeze medical refrigerators will keep vaccines, blood, and other medical products cold in even the warmest environment with minimal AMP draw. Our refrigerator/freezer was tested in the Arizona desert when the outside temperature was 115 degrees Fahrenheit. It maintained an inside temperature of 28 degrees (F) and was drawing only 3.8 amps. It draws only 2.3 amps in 85-degree temperature.
2. Why is the FridgeFreeze portable medical refrigerator/freezer more efficient than its competitors?
Our portable medical refrigerator/freezers are so efficient because it uses the entire outside casing as the condenser to dissipate heat. We can do this because the casing is made of marine grade aluminum. All other portable medical fridge/freezers use a fan and an external condenser. This problematic method increases the amp draw due to the fan and additionally the external condenser is susceptible to corrosion and breakage.
3. How does the quality of a FridgeFreeze unit compare to other portable refrigerator/freezers?
There still is no comparison. Our FridgeFreeze portable medical refrigerator/freezer is built to last for years. The casing is anodized aluminum, not plastic or painted steel that will eventually rust. We use solid anodized aluminum handles that have been tested for up to a half-ton lifting load. The ABS lid is painted twice with UV protectant to resist fading. All electronic components are the best we can find or manufacture.
4. What is the warranty period on your medical refrigerators?
All parts and labor are warranted for 1 year. FridgeFreeze will allow the return of up to 10 portable medical units in an initial order for a period of 60 days for a full refund. Units ordered in excess of 10 units cannot be returned.
5. Where are FridgeFreeze portable medical refrigerators/freezers manufactured?
We manufacture each portable medical refrigeratore/freezer in San Diego, California. We also service them at the same location. Other portable medical fridge/freezers, although sold in the United States, are manufactured overseas.
6. Can the FridgeFreeze portable medical refrigerator/freezer be stood up on end?
No, you should never tilt the FridgeFreeze portable medical refrigerator/freezer more than 30 degrees.
7. Can our medical refrigerators/freezers be wired through a 12-Volt power receptacle?
Yes, we also sell a 12-Volt power adapter in our product accessories section of the website.
8. I’m having trouble with my FridgeFreeze. What should I do?
Please first check the instruction manual, “Section 3: Basic Trouble Shooting”. If you still have questions, please contact us for assistance.
9. How do I place an order?
We currently accept orders over the phone. You can reach us at 760-233-8847 during normal business hours (8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST).
10. How are your portable medical refrigerators/freezers delivered?
We ship our portable refrigerator/freezers via UPS, FedEx and Freight. If you have special delivery needs please let us know when you place your order.
For more Q & A
The APHIS National Veterinary Stockpile recently published a Q&A regarding our portable refrigeration units. Please read their document for further questions and answers.